Homeopathy and skin problems go hand in hand. It has beneficial effects in treatment of Skin and hair ailments.
Homeopathy treats the root cause of the disease. Most of the skin ailments are known to recur..eg.Urticaria, Eczema ,Psoriasis, Acne /pimples,Corns ,Warts ,Fungal infections to name a few . The patient takes conventional treatment which helps them for sometime. However the ailment reoccurs again and again when the medicine is stopped!! This is where Homeopathy makes a difference.
It cures the patient of that ailment permanently.Being based on the Law of Similiars and treating the person as a whole , it helps in curing the patient permanently.
A detailed history is taken and then analysed to get to one single remedy. It is a tailor made approach , meaning a given medicine will not help the other person suffering from the same ailment.
Here I shall discuss a few skin diseases :
- Warts : basically viral in origin. They are present commonly on fingers, face,hands ,genitals. Conventional treatment offer to freeze,burn,electrocute,shave them but all have temporary relief.Homeopathy has a good solution to this . One of the most common medicine known to everybody is Thuja but others like Antim crud, Nitric acid,Causticum and Calcarea Carb also have given positive results. Knowledge of the disease and the drugs will help in differentiating one drug from the other.
- Acne /pimples : a common ailments especially for the younger age group.The cause of acne are mainly genetic, hormonal disturbances,dandruff, medication ,cosmetics ..Homeopathy treats the cause of acne ,thereby reducing it and also reducing its recurrence. Scars are also known to fade off .Common remedies for acne are Berberis aquifolium, Natrum mur , Kali Bromatum.
- Urticaria : commonly understood as ‘Allergy’,where in one gets elevated lesions all over the body with severe itching . It can last for a short time or can even last longer. Occasionally one finds swelling of lips and also difficulty in breathing .The cause of Urticaria is not known but can be triggered by some oils in food,preservatives in food,cosmetics, dust mite,pollens etc…Homeopathy treats the cause of urticaria eg. urticaria worse from eating outside food — remedy- Pulsatilla,bryonia .Urticaria from cosmetics – bovista….Some of the common remedies for urticaria are Urtica urens, Pulsatilla, Lycopodium, Nux vomica ,Rhus tox.
These are a few ailments mentioned above. Likewise Homeopathy has results in other skin diseases like corns, fungus, Psoriasis , Fixed Drug Rash ,Burns etc.
Check out http://smarthomeopathy.net/acne-pimples/ to know more.
HEAL YOUR PETS THE NATURAL WAY !!
Homeopathic remedies have been used in animals for the last 190 years and are of great use in the treatment of your animals.
Veterinary Homoeopathy acts equally efficiently in large animals ,small animals and pets.Farm animals ,birds and Fish also respond very well to this system of medicine
No side effects ,effective , safe and easy to administer are some of the benefits of using Homeopathic medicines
What Can Be Treated By Homeopathy?
Homoeopathic medicines are equally efficient in the treatment of poultry diseases. These medicines increase the egg production and growth of birds is faster resulting in better profits. These drugs are readily mixed in water or feed.
In many states in India eg.Andhra Pradesh, Delhi, Haryana, Punjab, homoeopathic medicines are commonly used in poultry diseases due to its low cost, and safe and quick action.
Common diseases in birds like Coccidiosis which is generally observed in young growing birds have been benefited by Homoeopathic medicines like Merc sol ,Nux vom and Sulphur.
Also Ranikhet disease ,an infectious disease known to devastate the poultry industry , have Homoeopathic treatment and prevention medicines like Belladonna, Carboveg and Veratrum album.
Almost all form of diseases in animals right from acute cough or cold to chronic diseases like skin allergies, TICKS, ear infections, asthma, inflammatory bowel disease and a host of other conditions can be successfully treated with Homoeopathy.
Also diseases like : vitamin deficiencies, boils ,fever, menstrual problems, prolapse of uterus, arthritis, allergy, dysentery, acidity, worms , eczema ,urinary troubles have quick solutions in Homoeopathy.
Taylor and Smith have rightly emphasized that Homeopathic remedies do not clash with analgesics,tonics or physical therapies.
Homoeopathic veterinary shampoo ‘s ,ointments and creams are also available for external use.
Premature Greying of Hair
Salt and pepper, silver, charcoal or whatever you call it, grey hair happens to all of us at some point. But why do some people go grey in their 20s while others don’t see the first sign of silver until age 50? If you’re going grey early, what are your options?
Premature graying of hair is characterized by circumscribed or general lack or loss of normal pigment. It is also called as Canites, Blanching of hair, Grey hair, Poliosis and Whiteness of the hair
‘Graying’ of hair is due to the gradual loss of the melanocytes’ pigment – melanin. In white hairs the melanocytes are absent.
Premature Greying of hair typically starts at the in the mid- 30s in the white people, Asians in their late 30s, and African-Americans in their mid-40s. Half of all people have a significant amount of grey hair by the time they turn 50.
Going grey, by itself, does not mean you have a medical problem, except in rare cases.
Causes of Greying.
Contrary to popular belief, stress has not been shown to cause gray hair. Scientists don’t know exactly why some people go gray early, but genes play a large role.
Some research has suggested a connection between premature graying and lower bone density later in life. But in 2007, a study of about 1,200 California men and women showed no such link.
- Genes play a major role
- Vitamin B-12 deficiency or
- Problems with your pituitary or thyroid gland can cause premature graying that’s reversible if the problem is corrected.
- A faulty diet is the two primary causes of premature greying of hair. It is mainly due to the lack of iron, copper and iodine in the daily diet that this hair disorder is caused at a young age these days.
- Some say, Mental worries, stress produce an extraordinary tension in the skin of the scalp which interferes with the supply of vital nutrition necessary for the health of the hair. Similarly, anxieties, fear, jealousy and failures have adverse effects on the hair. They dry out the scapular marrow, the vital part at the root of the hair.
- Unclean conditions of the hair weaken the roots of the hair as the pores are blocked by the dirt.
- Washing the hair with hot water and drying them in electric dryers which emit a blast of hot air.
- Use of hair dyes in earlier stages also increases the problem.
Homeopathy in premature greying of hair
Homoeopathy can be a boon for those suffering from grey hair.Its is a wholistic system of medicine.Detailed case history is taken and depending on the cause , the medicines are prescribed .
A few Homeopathic medicines commonly used for premature greying of hair are:
Lycopodium,Acid Phos, Nat mur, Graphites,Sulphur,Thuja,Thyroidinum and Psorinum
Lycopodium: Beginning on temples and vertex the hair turns gray early and falls out profusely, even to baldness, while it grows and increases.
Acid Phos : Hair gray early in life; falls out. Hair thins out, turns gray early.Very oily, soft, flaxen hair, which turns gray early and falls from head and beard, especially after grief and care.
Sulphur : Tinea capitis, dry form.Scalp dry, falling of hair; worse, washing.The hair of the head aches, when scratching the head. Pain of the roots of the hair, especially when touched.Falling out of the hair.Itching pimples on the hairy scalp.
Psorinum: Gray hair in spot.Humid eruption on scalp; hair matted. Hair dry. Hair feels pulled.
- Vit B containing food like yeast, yoghurt ( curd) ,wheat germ help in preventing greying of hair.
- Sources of Iron like carrots, dates, bananas and similar other vegetables and fruits. Carrots are especially useful in furnishing fresh blood and maintaining the health of the hair.
- Liberal intake of curry leaves is considered beneficial in preventing greying of hair. These have the property to give vitality and strength to the hair toots. Theses leaves can be used in chutneys, dals and also squeezed in buttermilk.
Amla is a valuable hair tonic for enriching hair growth and hair pigmentation. The fruit cut into pieces should be dried, preferably in shade. These pieces should be boiled in coconut oil till the solid matter becomes like dust. This darkish oil is very useful in preventing greying.
Massaging the hair with a tea spoon of amla juice mixed with a teaspoon of almond oil, at night, has also proved beneficial.
The butter made from cow’s milk has to the property to prevent greying of hair. This can be massaged into the hair roots twice a week.
Natural Hair Dye
- Take one cup of aamla (dry) and two cups of curd. Keep the mixture in an iron vessel overnight, mash and apply on your scalp. Your hair will gradually get its colour back.
- A paste of henna leaves, boiled in coconut oil to get darkish oil can be used as a hair dye to blacken grey hair. The paste itself can be applied to the hair and washed away after few hours to dye the grey hair.
- Washing the hair with concentrated tea extract twice a week is considered useful in colouring grey hair to brown /black.
Dr. Neha Smart